Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website is used for advertising products & services which Businesses subscribe to.
- Shopping in Barnsley cannot be held responsible for the content of any Business Listing. All edit is submitted direct from Advertising Business.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot use the website
- For any unlawful purpose;
- To promote any illegal activity, violence and sexually explicit material
- To promote any form of discrimination
- To harm, threaten, defame abuse or harass another person
- In a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable
- To create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- To tamper with, update or change any part of the website, other than your own records;
- In a way that affects how the directory is run;
- In a manner that causes an unreasonably large burden on the websites technical infrastructure as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to Shopping in Barnsley
After posting your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose.
Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing. By providing any material to the website you confirm that:
- Your material is your own original work or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
- Your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation), does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and does not otherwise break any laws of England and Wales, or any other jurisdiction; and
- That you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
- You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided. We have the right to:
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions; or
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
Copyright – for both Shopping in Barnsley and Directory Advertisers
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this site, including photographs and graphical images, and the organisation and layout of the site is owned by Shopping in Barnsley.
You are permitted to access, print and download extracts from this site or emails on the following basis:
- use of all material on this site/emails is for information. Any copies of these pages saved to disk or to any storage medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use;
- no material on this site/emails are modified in any way;
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Shopping in Barnsley respects the intellectual property of others. You must acknowledge the copyrights of other parties as and when appropriate.
The information contained on this site or in emails is for general guidance only. You should neither act, nor refrain from action, on the basis of any such information. You should take, as and where appropriate, relevant professional advice on your particular circumstances because the application of laws and regulations will vary depending on particular circumstances and because laws and regulations undergo frequent change.
Whilst Shopping in Barnsley shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this site and in emails is correct, Shopping in Barnsley shall not to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law be liable for any loss or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any information contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such information.
Part of this site or emails may contain material submitted to Shopping in Barnsley by third parties (including Shopping in Barnsley members). Third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site complies with international and national law. Shopping in Barnsley will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material submitted by third parties and reserves the right to omit, suspend or change the position of any material submitted. Any arrangements made between you and any third party named on this site/emails are at your sole risk and responsibility.
Shopping in Barnsley accepts no responsibility for the availability or content on any site to which a hypertext link from this site/emails exists. The links are provided on an “as is” basis and Shopping in Barnsley makes no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
You agree to indemnify and hold Shopping in Barnsley and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of sites, information, records or any other material you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another party.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Shopping in Barnsley or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
By accessing any part of this site, or opening emails, you shall be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.